You’ll need two good sized containers, (buckets, dish pans, etc).
Fill one container with cold water and a tray of ice cubes to 55F to 66F to your tolerance.
Fill second container with hot water 100F to 104F to your tolerance.
The part to be immersed is alternately placed in cold and hot water in the following sequence: (always begin with cold water) Cold water for 1 minute then hot water for 30 seconds. Cold water for 30 seconds then hot water for 30 seconds. Cold water for 30 seconds then hot water for 30 seconds. Continue the sequence 14 more minutes. Then finish with cold water for 1 minute.
Total treatment takes about 15 minutes.
1. Use a thermometer to check temperatures.
2. Hot and cold water should be to your tolerance.
3. Keep the water temperature within the suggested range.
4. Add water during treatment to maintain the temperature.
5. Treatment always starts with cold water and ends with cold water.
Resources | Fun Stuff | In the News | About Us
Privacy | Advertising Here | Link to Us | Legal Disclaimer
Contact Us | Site Map | Search | back to Home
Copyright 1997-2006 All rights reserved